[OpenSIPS-Users] Simple example to start based on openSIPS

Eric Gamess egamess at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 00:56:04 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I am an instructor in a university. I tried to search for some
lab exercises from universities that use openSIPS, but I
did not find any. If you know about some, please send me
the links.

I am looking for a simple example configuration to start,
where openSIPS will be user as a Proxy SIP Server. Something
like the figure at the bottom. So from SoftPhone1, I can call
SoftPhone2 by dialing "1020".

                          openSIPS
                          Proxy SIP
 SoftPhone1 ------------- 10.0.0.1 ----------- SoftPhone2
 Extension: 1010                               Extension: 1020
 IP Address=10.0.0.10                          IP Address=10.0.0.20
 Proxy SIP=10.0.0.1                            Proxy SIP=10.0.0.1

Maybe, a Registrar Server will be necessary for this lab. If it is the
case, I will be interested in using a fourth PC with openSIPS and
IP address 10.0.0.2 for the registrar server.

Thank you very much for helping with the configuration of this
lab.

Eric.