[OpenSIPS-Users] using TCP/TLS in a large scale deployment

george wu aihuawu2012 at 163.com
Fri Sep 12 16:13:04 CEST 2014

I am not sure if I should start another thread or not.
I have similar question.
The client is android linphone. it says it needs to send keep-alive message for firewall traversal.
For tcp it only needs to send every 10 minutes while for udp it needs to send every 10 seconds.
It is obviously tcp is much better for the clients.
However from thread here, it is better to use udp.

Now can anybody give me some clue how to do tradeoff between tcp and udp.
Thanks.

George