[OpenSIPS-Users] using TCP/TLS in a large scale deployment

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Sep 12 15:38:04 CEST 2014

Hi Jayesh,

There are 2 aspects here :
     - first, configure proper limits when starting OpenSIPS - like max
number of fds per process, etc.
     - secondly, when comes to opensips itself, you need to look into :
         * enough memory (TCP uses a lot)
         * set proper timeouts in TCP (connect, write, read timeouts) to
avoid blocking
         * properly handle the TCP lifetime to get to a compromise
between the number of ongoing connections and seting/closing connections
         * really good control over when OpenSIPS should open new TCP
conns - you can do this from script, depending on the target (like never
try to open conns towards end-user, let them connect to you).