[OpenSIPS-Users] [RESOLVED] osipsconfig doesn't generate config file

Steve Stevenson szemet1 at yahoo.com.hk
Tue Sep 9 07:30:44 CEST 2014

Hello guys,

I have an issue with osipsconfig, pretty much the same as described in the following topic:

Failed to generate script
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Failed-to-generate-script-td7589129.html

When I save the config, it creates nothing, no error message on the screen, no file in /etc/opensips either.
I can only see the following in the curses.out file:

Initialized main window
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to run command for menu [Save Residential Script]
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to run command for menu [Save Residential Script]
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to save m4 defs
Failed to run command for menu [Generate Residential Script]
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to run command for menu [Save Residential Script]
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to run command for menu [Save Residential Script]
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to save m4 defs
Failed to run command for menu [Generate Residential Script]
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to save cfg Residential Script
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to save cfg Trunking Script
Failed to open m4 defs
Failed to save cfg Load-Balancer Script

Those m4 files are located under directory /usr/share/opensips/menuconfig_templates/
Just downloaded version 1.10.1-1 from the Fedora 20 repository with MySQL DB and ncurses 5.9-12

Ran strace while saved the config and you can find the output attached.

Anyway, I created the following environment variable to point at the m4 directory:

# export MENUCONFIG_CFG_PATH=/usr/share/opensips/menuconfig_templates/

And when I re-ran the osipsconfig then it created the config file in /etc/opensips/.
Just thought I raise it as it appears to be some issue with searching for those m4 files in the wrong directory.

Thank you.

Regards,

Steve