[OpenSIPS-Users] Prevent re-INVITE to T.38

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Wed Mar 12 13:47:41 CET 2014

Our use case is a call forward from an inbound carrier gateway to an
outbound one.  Both do support T.38.  In fact, that's the problem.  We've
seen much higher success rates with fax forwards if both sides stay G.711.
 Quite interesting considering in many cases both the originating and
terminating gateways are Sonus GSX, although on different carrier networks.

And, before you ask, I'm not bringing the media through my network.  :)

I'm not quite ready to test yet.  When I am, I'll try the SDP stripping
approach and see how the gateways behave.  Perhaps if I strip the SDP in
both the offer and the answer...

- Jeff