[OpenSIPS-Users] New MediaProxy release 2.6.0

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Mar 5 09:37:55 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mar 4, 2014, at 8:47 PM, Nick Cameo wrote:

> Hello Saul,
>
> I was looking at a SIP trace on an active call as I type this. Actually
> we only need the public ip address advertised in the SDP payload
> for the device which is behind NAT (ie, listening on a private ip address
> with 1to1 port forwarded mapping done on the router for the public ip
> address).

Ok, in that case it should work, since it's the scenario which is supposed to cover.

> The advertised address of the VIA and Contact headers are what shuffle
> between public and private IP addresses. This of course is the handled
> by OpenSIPS as it already does so eg:
>
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 74.71.33.154:5060;branch=z9hG4bK4.0.
> Contact: <sip:74.71.33.154:5060;did=5f7.8d>.
>
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.100:5060;branch=z9hG4bK596;rport.
> Contact: <sip:192.168.0.200:5080;did=5f7.8d61>
>
> In summary, can you kindly direct us to the much needed documentation on how
> to install, configure, and run an OpenSIPS+MediaProxy instance from behind
> a natted 1to1 mapped instance.
>
> Only upon doing so will I resume doing jumping jacks which I have
> halted indefinitely
> until further clarity.

There is only one parameter needed for this: advertised_ip, in the [Relay] section:

; The host IP address to return when a session is allocated in the relay. This
; could be of use in case the relay is behind NAT but it has a 1 to 1 mapping
; with a public IP address, like Amazon EC2, for example.
;advertised_ip =

Just put your public IP address there and the OpenSIPS module will put that one on the SDP.

Cheers,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects