[OpenSIPS-Users] Timer shift on dr-pinger

Remco remconl87 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 16:38:36 CET 2014

Hi all,

I'm experiencing timer shifts running OpenSIPS 1.9.
The following message is in the logfile:

Mar  2 06:49:15 [hostname] /usr/sbin/opensips[18796]:
CRITICAL:core:timer_ticker: timer handler <dr-pinger> lasted (19910000 us)
for more than timer tick (1000000 us) -> potential timer shifting

It seems that dr-pinger is experiencing some sort of delay which shifts the
internal timer in the opensips process. Although the delays vary, they are
not significantly increasing. After some time issues with processing
traffic start to arise. Eventually some gateways are disabled by Drouting,
although that takes a couple of hours.

To me it seems that we have some sort of networking issue, what i cannot
understand why drouting is causing the internal timers to shift. As the
main function of the dr-pinger is to detect unreachable gateways and
disable them. Perhaps someone has an idea what might be causing this
behavior?

Thanks,
Remco.