[OpenSIPS-Users] Inconsistent c= and o= using rtpproxy_offer and rtpproxy_answer

Nick Cameo symack at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 04:40:18 CEST 2014

Hello Everyone,

We hide the underline provider by proxying everything including the
RTP media using
RTPProxy. Everything was working fine, and we found some very few
cases where there
was not audio. Banging my head for days I found that our o=, and c=
modification was
correct for most cases except for a small number. I will elaborate....

branch_route[1] {
        if(has_body("application/sdp")) rtpproxy_offer("roc","<public
ip address>");

onreply_route[1] {
        if(has_body("application/sdp"))
rtpproxy_answer("roc","<private ip address>");

In most cases we see the sought after results:

o=SBCSIPUAS 1364043689 1 IN IP4 <private ip address>
s=SBCSIPUAS SIP STACK v1.0.
c=IN IP4 <private ip address>

However, for a very few cases which is why we were unaware of the problem we
see:

o=SBCSIPUAS 120139318 1 IN IP4 <underline carrier ip address>
s=SBCSIPUAS SIP STACK v1.0.
c=IN IP4 <underline carrier ip address>

In those very few cases, there is no audio. The problem is reproducible with the
specific phone number.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick from Toronto.