[OpenSIPS-Users] Using external MySQL server

Gary Patton gpatton.public at outlook.com
Thu Jun 26 01:28:35 CEST 2014

Hi again!  Another newbie question.
If I want a module to use an external MySQL db server, I simply modify the modparam for each module in my residential config file by adding the external server's IP address to the DB_URL parameter for each module.
But isn't there a simpler way?  I guess what I'm asking is whether I can enter the external db server's IP address on a single line in a config file somewhere in OpenSIPS and OpenSIPS will use the external MySQL server for all the modules included in my residential config file?
Hope this question isn't too silly.
Regards
Gary