[OpenSIPS-Users] Created new "opensips_residential***.cfg" but OpenSIPS still uses the old one

Gary Patton gpatton.public at outlook.com
Thu Jun 19 23:02:19 CEST 2014

Hi again.  First I want to say I really, really appreciate and thank Bogdan, Razvan, Miguel, and all of the other OpenSIPS experts for taking the time to answer stupid OpenSIPS newbie questions like the ones I've posted.  OpenSIPS is a great piece of software engineering and it has made me interested in the technology.
Here's my latest problem in installing OpenSIPS 1.11.1 on Debian 7.4.  I was modifying my "opensips_residential***.cfg" file and messed it up because I'm not that great with vim.  So I decided to delete that file and use the ospiscfg tool to generate a new one.  I customized the new config file for my environment.  I then modified the "OPTIONS" section of my init script with the -f flag to use the new opensips_residential***.cfg file.
I stopped and started the rsyslog service and OpenSIPS - /etc/init.d/opensips stop and /etc/init.d/opensips start - and looked at my opensips.log file.  Of course, there were errors.  However, the error messages pointed out the line and column of some parsing errors, but the message referred to the name of the old opensips_residential config file and not the new one.  The error repeated itself even after I deleted the opensips.log file and rebooted my server.
I'm very confused on what the log file is telling me.  It seems that OpenSIPS is using my old opensips_residential config file (even though I deleted it / a "ls" command in the /etc/opensips subdirectory showed it was gone) instead of the new one.  Can anyone please help me on this?
Thanks.
Gary