[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS + MediaProxy: "dispatcher.socket" not being created

Gary Patton gpatton.public at outlook.com
Mon Jul 21 11:36:03 CEST 2014

Craig
Thanks for getting back to me.  When I do a "ps ax | grep media-" on my OpenSIPS / MediaProxy dispatcher server, it shows that media-dispatcher is NOT running.  I thought that was because media-dispatcher process tried to start but aborted when it couldn't locate "dispatcher.sock" in /var/run/mediaproxy.
Because my OpennSIPS config loads the mediaproxy.so module w/the "modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "var/run/mediaproxy/dispatcher.sock") set in the OpenSIPS config file, I thought OpenSIPS created the dispatcher.sock.  Or do I have it backwards - does MediaProxy's media-dispatcher process create dispatcher.sock?
As for rights, I have to confess that I haven't paid attention to rights.  I followed instructions from the MediaProxy documentation on installing MediaProxy using the Debian respository.  The instructions didn't mention setting rights for MediaProxy processes.  I did install MediaProxy via a sudo user account. I also made sure that I copied all of the included MediaProxy certificates into the directory specified in the [TLS] section of MediaProxy's config.ini file.
But I'm not sure which process creates "dispatcher.sock" so I don't know whether the rights are configured correctly.  When I do a "ls -l /var/run/mediaproxy/" i got
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 160 Jul 20 19:38 tls
(I see I was sloppy and used "dispatcher.sock" and "dispatcher.socket" in my post.  I double-checked my OpenSIPS and MediaProxy config files and I did use "dispatcher.sock" in both.  Sorry about that.)
Regards
Gary