[OpenSIPS-Users] False dialogs due to network failures

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Jul 18 11:46:48 CEST 2014

Hi Jorge,

Any SIP client must answer to an incoming request (even if it
understands it or not) - it must send back some reply. The dialog module
terminates the call if it gets a timeout (408) of 487
(transaction/dialog not found) from the client. Other negative replies
are not considered.

Usually, the risk is to have clients blindly answering with 200 OK to
any OPTIONS (even if the dialog does not exist).