[OpenSIPS-Users] create mediaproxy certificates

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Jul 16 18:15:28 CEST 2014

On 15 Jul 2014, at 22:55, Edwin <eahaselhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> I already did, but still don't get it (I know to google before asking). I
> really don't know what to do in what order (even after reading the readme
> and the openssl site a lot of times).
>
> I hope someone will just give an exampe (why not?)

Because none of the people involved with writing that mediaproxy documentation have ever used openssl to generate certificates and no one knows the sequence of commands you need to run of the top of their head. We found the process of generating certificates in the command line with openssl to be unnecessarily complicated and we didn’t brother to learn/document it. That’s why we provided a way to do it using a program that wraps openssl and hides the complicated details in a few easy steps in a friendly GUI.

As mentioned before the program is still available in debian/ubuntu and if you run a distro that doesn’t have it packaged, you can still find it here:

https://github.com/warewolf/tinyca2

If for whatever reason you do not want to do it the way it is documented but prefer to do it with openssl commands directly, you have to either figure it out yourself, or wait for someone that has the knowledge to come along and answer your question, because we do not have the answer/example you are looking for. However, if you figure it out, I’d be more than happy to include the description of generating certificates using openssl into the documentation.