[OpenSIPS-Users] PRACK Interworking with OpenSIPs

Giuseppe Cardone g.cardone at unidata.it
Thu Jul 10 15:11:54 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am trying OpenSIPs and would like to figure out if I can use it to perform sip interworking between two UA's, one requiring PRACK and another that doesn't support it.

In essence when OpenSIPs receives a 18x response with headers "Required: 100rel" and "RSeq" from the called party, it should initiate a PRACK request towards the called party itself, but, as you might expect from a proxy, I don't see any function to do this. However, maybe someone with a better understanding of OpenSIPs can tell me if it is available.

The b2bua module is were I was placing my hopes. However, here too I cannot see a way to initiate a PRACK request, or any request apart from an INVITE (using the 'bridge' action) or a BYE (using the 'end_dialog_leg').

Can anyone confirm whethere my conclusions on PRACK interworking with OpenSIPs are correct and/or provide any ideas as to how this may be accomplished ?

Many thanks,

Giuseppe