[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS Billing Discrepancy

Flavio Goncalves flavio at voffice.com.br
Wed Aug 27 00:20:03 CEST 2014

Hi Sahil,

There are many cases were discrepancies are found on billing.

1. Missing BYE messages (fix with RTP Timeout notification or in dialog
pings or SIP session timers)
2. 200Ok in provider, but no 200Ok in customer (Network or processing
Issues)
3. Time drift in virtualized environments (VMware/Linux environment)
4. Gateways in the middle (We have 2/3s once caused by a slow BYE
processing in a gateway/sbc)
5. Rounding (In short duration calls, customers tend to consider 3.1
seconds as 3 seconds while providers tend to consider 4 seconds (have a
pre-agreement with the customer, use microseconds timestamps to decide).

My 2 cents

Flavio E. Goncalves