[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS Billing Discrepancy

Ryan Mitchell rjm at tcl.net
Tue Aug 26 00:24:22 CEST 2014

Accurate billing is always difficult, surprisingly so.  It's quite common
from my experiences to have billing disputes because some stupid BYE
message was never recorded.  Few thoughts:

1. despite the transaction handshaking of SIP, hangup messages can and do
get lost (or were never sent).

2. lost not always by Opensips or your network, but *somewhere* in the
chain from caller to callee.  I often make it a point to capture & save
*all* SIP packets in & out of my switches, so I can audit and cover my butt
later as needed.

3. SIP timers (and if handling media, rtp timeouts) can be vital.  TCP
helps if you can use it.

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 6:49 AM, sguptaau <sguptaau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm relatively new to OpenSIPS but have been able to deploy a few OpenSIPS
> installations at our organisation with the assistance of some experts.
>
> Our environment is of terminating short-duration calls for call-centers
> predominantly.  In such a case, we haven't been receiving accurate billing
> CDRs as the CDRs being generated by the platform have durations that are
> inflated by 40-60%.
>
> It was suggested by someone to enable in-call pings and proxy media which
> have also implemented and whilst this has improved the discrepancies it
> hasn't fully resolved them.
>
> Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sahil