[OpenSIPS-Users] b2b module issue with PRACK on multiple provisional responses

Giuseppe Cardone g.cardone at unidata.it
Sat Aug 9 18:39:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying out the b2b module on opensips and have encountered an issue regarding PRACK.

In particular I have a scenario where the called number replies with a 183 session progress (Require: 100rel and RSeq: 1) and then a few seconds later with a 180 Ringing (Require: 100rel and RSeq: 2).

What happens is that opensips correctly replies with a PRACK to the 183 response but then doesn't do the same when it receives the 180 provisional response.

Excerpts from the logs show this happening when the 183 message is received:

Aug 9 17:31:14 [2528] DBG:b2b_entities:b2b_tm_cback: Found require hdr
Aug 9 17:31:14 [2528] DBG:b2b_entities:b2b_tm_cback: Found 100rel header
Aug 9 17:31:14 [2528] DBG:b2b_entities:b2b_send_req: start type=1

but when the 180 response arrives, there are no similar entries.

It is my understanding that from a SIP signalling point of view the b2b module should reply with a PRACK to the 180 response too or am I missing something ?

Any ideas as to why this may be happening or could it be a bug ?

Many thanks,
Giuseppe