[OpenSIPS-Users] uac_auth

Rik Broers RBroers at motto.nl
Thu Oct 31 10:46:13 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to use the uac_auth() function to add Authorization to my invite after I received a 401 Unauthorized.
I call the function in the failure route and according to Debug the authorization header is inserted. I also see this in a trace.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to authorize successfully, double checked everything and also tried with phones to ensure the credentials are correct and my asterisk is working.
I'm filling the credentials with a modparam not with AVP.

In DBG I see this: DBG:uac_auth:build_authorization_hdr: hdr is <Authorization: Digest username="**", realm="**", nonce="31d5b0d9", uri="***;user=phone", response="ea344343187f27c668be8fdc3acf8c5a", algorithm=MD5#015#012>
So it seems to match correctly.

I'm authenticating against Asterisk. And my failure route looks like this:
failure_route[FailPBX]{
        xlog("Im in failpbx route");
        uac_auth();
        t_on_failure("FailPBX");
        t_relay();
}

What happens is the following
-> Invite
<- 100 Giving a try
<- 401 Unauthorized (Unique nonce 1)
-> ACK
-> invite with authorization header (unique Nonce 1)
<- 100 Giving a try
<- 401 Unauthorized (Unique nonce 2)
-> invite with authorization header (unique Nonce 2)
..... and so on until ERROR:tm:add_uac: maximum number of branches exceeded.

Only thing left for me now is to verify that the Digest calculated is correct. How can I do this? What functions should I use on linux..
Below my authorization challenge.
[cid:image005.png at 01CED624.F2FC22A0]

Or are there any other things I'm missing?
Im using NOTICE:core:main: version: opensips 1.10.0-notls (x86_64/linux)

Met vriendelijke groet,
Regards,

Rik Broers
Voice Engineer