[OpenSIPS-Users] uac_registrant memory problem

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Oct 15 16:52:17 CEST 2013

Hello,

This is on version 1.9 revision 7606eab from August 13 this year.

I've been able to verify the more entries in the uac_registrant table, the
quicker something like this happens:

# opensipsctl fifo get_statistics all | grep real_used_size
shmem:real_used_size = 3056920
pkmem:0-real_used_size = 181472
pkmem:1-real_used_size = 225304
pkmem:2-real_used_size = 181456
pkmem:3-real_used_size = 18446744073706908112
pkmem:4-real_used_size = 982512
pkmem:5-real_used_size = 189624
pkmem:6-real_used_size = 189624
pkmem:7-real_used_size = 189624
pkmem:8-real_used_size = 189624
pkmem:9-real_used_size = 181048
pkmem:10-real_used_size = 189616

It always seems to happen on pkmem:3.  Once this occurs I see lots of "no
more pkg mem" errors in the log.

It took about eight hours for this occur on a test configuration doing
nothing but registering 100 users from the uac_registrant module with 1M of
pkg mem.  I've increased the number of users to 200 in an effort to get it
fail faster.

In order to provide information to isolate and fix this problem, what kind
of data to I need to gather and what do I do with it?  I tried to follow
the instructions on the memory troubleshooting
page<http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/TroubleShooting-OutOfMem>but
I didn't get a response from the devel list.

Regards,
Jeff