[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips 1.8.2 TLS issue

Tarik Tankovic ttankovic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 13:00:39 CET 2013

Hello,

my question concerns one test model of mine.

It is basically UAC(SIPp) - SIP proxy(OpenSIPS) - UAS(SIPp) model used
for a basic INVITE-ACK-BYE scenario that is used with two kind of
security mechanisms: authentication and TLS. My goal is to determine
the impact of each of these two mechanisms on the capacity of the
model.

Last year I was using OpenSIPS version 1.6 and I got results in which
number of failed calls was decisive criterion in assessing capacity of
test model in all four possible options (w/o TLS and auth, w/o TLS and
auth., w/o TLS and with auth. and with TLS and with auth.). But now,
after I have upgraded OpenSIPS to version 1.8.2 the situation is
different. Not only that the capacity of the model is lower now in all
four scenarios, but also Opensips crashes under not so heavy traffic
when using TLS (it worked just fine with a heavier load when using 1.6
version). I am a little bit puzzled because I haven't change anything
else in the model, at least I am not aware of that.

Do you know are there some stability issues in OpenSIPS 1.8.2 when
used together with TLS?

Thanks,

Tarik