[OpenSIPS-Users] perl script abnormal termination handling

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Nov 8 16:32:16 CET 2013

Hello,

I run a perl script from an Opensips 1.6 config.  I'm having trouble
handling a perl "die" condition in the Opensips script.  For example:

if !(perl_exec("dietest1")) {
    xlog("L_INFO", "Perl script failed.\n"
} else {
    xlog("L_INFO", "Perl script succeeded.\n"
}

where test1.pl ends with:
    die "Perl script dying"

When the perl script fails, I see only:

ERROR:core:XS_OpenSIPS__Message_log: perl error: Perl script dying at
/etc/opensips/perl/perltest.pl line 165.#012

I never see the "Perl script failed" xlog from the script.  It seems that a
dying perl script stops processing on the current message.  Is there a way
around this, to handle the perl error?

Regards,
Jeff