[OpenSIPS-Users] uac_registrant, how to force registration port?

Ali Pey alipey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:56:07 CET 2013

Hello,

This has nothing to do with opensips. This is your router that is picking a
random port when it does NAT.

How you can fix it: it all depends on what kind of router you have. Some
allow static NAT binding. The cheap routers don't have that flexibility.

Some routers, if you do a port forwarding from your public IP:port to
opensips, they use that binding for outgoing NAT as well - just another
thing to try.

It also depends on how many devices you have on your LAN side of the router
and if any other device is using that port.

Also, sometimes when you reboot the router, it gives you the same port as
opensips and will keep it as long as it's up.

So, just do some research on your router.

Regards,
Ali Pey