[OpenSIPS-Users] permissions module: subnet_table_insert: subnet table is full

Carlos Oliva carlos.oliva at invoxcontact.com
Thu May 23 10:24:22 CEST 2013

Hello:

I'm Using Opensips-1.6.4 with permissions module to classify clients in
different groups depending of the source IP. Everything works fine but
today, after inserting a new subnet in table address and doing "opensipsctl
address reload" i saw in the log the message:

CRITICAL:permissions:subnet_table_insert: subnet table is full

In address table I have 178 hosts (mask 32) and 129 networks (mask != 32)

Doing "opensipsctl fifo address_dump" y saw 178 host entries (all OK), but
doing the command "opensipsctl fifo subnet_dump" shows only 128 entries.

Checking the sources I saw the filter in hash.c

    count = table[PERM_MAX_SUBNETS].grp;

    if (count == PERM_MAX_SUBNETS) {
                LM_CRIT("subnet table is full\n");
                return 0;
    }

and the value of PERM_MAX_SUBNETS in hash.h is 128

I didn't found anything about this limit in module Readme.

Looking at sources of 1.8.3 seems to have the same limit (#define
PERM_MAX_SUBNETS 128 in hash.h)

My questions are:

¿Is this networks limit real? ¿Can I increase it? ¿how?

Thanks

Carlos Oliva