[OpenSIPS-Users] Detect failed SIP server

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Fri May 10 04:59:23 CEST 2013

Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

In my test environment, an outbound proxy forwards each received message
from UA to an internal SIP proxy server.
The SIP proxy server sends the message back to the outbound proxy after the
proxy server processed the message.
As you said, the SIP proxy server returns 100 try to the outbound proxy when
receiving an INVITE (the message flow is shown below). So fr_timer should be
replaced with fr_inv_timer (but I leave the fr_inv_timer to default).
Anyway, after I modified my configuration to
modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 10)
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 32)
modparam("tm", "fr_timer_avp", "$avp(timeout)")
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "$avp(intimeout)")
route {
$avp(timeout) = 32;
$avp(intimeout)=32;
!t_relay();
}
nothing changes. A caller remains to receive 408 request timeout after 10
seconds. I did lookup this forum but couldn't find directly related threads.
Please help me address this issue. Thanks so much.

Best regards,
Chen-Che

            INVITE
1. caller--------->outbound proxy-------proxy server