[OpenSIPS-Users] Using Dispatcher with destination as a host name

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu May 9 16:09:59 CEST 2013

Hello John,

The dispatcher module will simply push the configured destination SIP
uri (from dispatcher table) as destination for the call ($du or $ru) -
it is the t_relay() which will evaluate the destination from DNS point
of view, doing NAPTR, SRV and A lookup - if there are multiple choices,
weights will be used to select the result, but at the end only one IP
will be used at a time. The other IPs may be used via dns-based failover
if first IP results in timeout or 502 replies. The dns-based failover,
if activated, will be automatically done by TM (as serial forking),
totally transparent for the script.