[OpenSIPS-Users] NAT - Unable to solve RTP Problem

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Sun Jun 23 19:41:10 CEST 2013

If you want to properly disconnect calls when there's no BYE and the
RTP stream has ended, then you need to use the patched rtpproxy
version provided by opensips.  Some of the patches has been integrated
into the rtpproxy git repo (don't know if all of them are integrated).
Also, I know that the latest rtpproxy version from git has some issues
(high CPU load).  The stable 1.2.1 works just fine (but that one
doesn't have the timeout notifications):
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/rtpproxy#id248963

I don't see why MediaProxy would not work behind NAT.  After all,
there are no IPs embedded into the RTP packets and it should just work
as long as the proper port forwarding is enabled and the proper IP is
set inside SDP by opensips.
I think an enhancement to mediaproxy module that would allow forcing
the IP to be used in SDP would solve this particular issue.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Nick Khamis <symack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ovidu,
>
> We are currently having a problem figuring out if media based
> accounting is possible using RTPProxy. The type of functionality the
> little bit of searching suggests is available for MediaProxy.
>
> I attempted to approach the list however, did not get a concrete answer:
>
> http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/CDRTool-RTPProxy-Media-Based-Accounting-td7586890.html
>
> I can forward the email to you instead of hijacking the following
> message. Sorry Jens.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Nick.

VoIP Embedded, Inc.