[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips default parameters

M.Khaled W Chehab kchehab at icucall.com
Sun Jun 16 21:57:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am  using opensips 1.8.3  with media proxy

Opensips is running on  a server with 24 core cpu  with 16 GB RAM ,
moreover my cpu usage is 0.3 %  and I  have 10 GB free memory ,

Should I assign more memory to  it ,

Opensips stops suddenly and I can find this error in my log file

CRITICAL:core:sig_alarm_abort: BUG - shutdown timeout triggered, dying...

My Question:

What are the correct parameters should be in  /etc/default/opensips and in
opensips.cfg in order to handle 400 call per second and 1000 connected call

Or what's the formula to calculate the cpu and memory usage

Opensips.cfg

debug=1

log_stderror=no

log_facility=LOG_LOCAL7

log_name="opensips"

fork=yes

children=24

cat /etc/default/opensips

# OpenSIPS startup options

#

# Set to yes to enable opensips, once configured properly.

RUN_OPENSIPS=yes

# User to run as

USER=root

# Group to run as

GROUP=root

# Amount of shared memory to allocate for the running OpenSIPS server (in
Mb)

S_MEMORY=256

# Amount of pkg memory to allocate for the running OpenSIPS server (in Mb)

P_MEMORY=16

DUMP_CORE=no

OS:

Linux debian

Linux Opensips-Switch 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Sep 23 10:07:46 UTC 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux