[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS Tracker Migration on GitHub

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Jun 4 15:18:10 CEST 2013

Hello all!

After migrating all the OpenSIPS repositories from SourceForge to
GitHub[1], the next step is to proceed with the tracker migration. We
wrote down two options here:

1. Move all tickets (patches, feature requests, bugs) to the GitHub
tracker. There are several problems with this approach: first is that we
won't be able to preserve the submitter information, therefore it will
no longer be updated about further updates (comments, fixes, etc).
Moreover this has to be done manually, so it requires a lot of time and
effort.

2. Keep all the tickets already opened on SourceForge, but open new
tickets on GitHub. In this case you will no longer be able to open
tickets (this will be blocked from SourceForge), but only to update the
new ones (comment, close, etc). All new tickets will have to be opened
on the GitHub tracker.

We prefer the second option because it overcomes all the issues of the
first one. The downside is that for a certain period of time we will
have to follow two different tracks (both SourceForge and GitHub).
However, we believe that this is an acceptable compromise.

Let us know what you think about this plan. Our intention is to do the
migration process as smoothly as possible. So if you have a different
idea, don't hesitate to share it with us!

[1] http://www.opensips.org/About/GitHub-Migration

Best regards,
--
Razvan Crainea