[OpenSIPS-Users] Trouble SDP o-line

Julian Santer julian.santer at rolmail.net
Mon Jul 22 15:09:25 CEST 2013

Hi,

we are using OpenSips 1.6.4 (starting with the migration to 1.8.x) with
nat_traversal module and Mediaproxy 2.5.2.
The Media at the moment will be relayed over the Mediaproxy only if it
is necessary.

For the routing to PSTN we have two carriers.
One of them ignores the o-line in SDP the other not.

So we got problems with one of the carrier, when in the o-line is a
private or invalid IP and also if the o-line is not the same as the c-line

Example:

OK:
	v=0
	o=root 2142162444 2142162444 IN IP4 $PUBLIC_IP
	s=call
	c=IN IP4 $PUBLIC_IP

KO:
	v=0
	o=user 15997790 15997790 IN IP4 $PRIVATE_IP
	s=call
	c=IN IP4 $PUBLIC_IP

But also if we relay over our Mediaproxy, only the c-line will be changed.

KO:
	v=0
	o=- 46755 32066 IN IP4 $INVALID_IP
	s=bjoraow
	c=IN IP4 $MEDIAPROXY_IP

Have I any possiblity to inject the o-line or shouldn't I do that?
Will the change of the o-line break the signalization?
Should the carrier ignore the IP in the o-line?

Thank you for any help.

Best Regards,

Julian