[OpenSIPS-Users] NAT issues with certain routers

Samuel samuelcamara at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 17 11:41:44 CEST 2013

Hola Jose,

I believe we can't solve it only at signaling level. Who controls the source
IP address it's the client, and when behind NAT it's even worst since the
NAT box is the one who controls the source port.
I had some kind of issues and could solve it only via RTP relaying.

You will need to use RTP/Media relay server. Some kind of NAT can be solved
only via relaying the RTP in intermediate server. RTPproxy it's a option. At
signaling level we can't fix the port, since SDP do not contain the correct
port and it's different from the SIP used source port.
RTPproxy will receive the RTP and find what it's the source address of RTP
and then will send the the RTP to that port.

You need to install RTPProxy.

Hope this helps