[OpenSIPS-Users] identify absent/missing hosts

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Jul 9 19:48:59 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to identify hosts that are no longer available in
cases where registration is not used.  I'd like to establish a regular
OPTIONS polling interval for a known list of endpoints.  I'm not aware of
any internal mechanism that will achieve this.  The dialog module comes
close with its "p" and "P" options on
create_dialog()<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/dialog.html#id294985>,
but that's for calls/dialogs that are already in process to detect an
endpoint that falls off the network.  I'd like to have this pinging outside
of any other SIP activity independent of established transactions or
dialogs.

Does it make sense to approach this with a custom B2B scenario we can
invoke via cron over an MI interface?  Or, any other thoughts?

- Jeff