[OpenSIPS-Users] Cancel branch before failover on timeout

Ronald Cepres rbcepres at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 18:41:01 CEST 2013

Bogdan,

Thanks for the informative reply.

What I really want to solve is a problem I encounter when the first GW
doesnt respond after a defined timeout then Opensips does failover to next
GW. A few seconds after the call is routed to second  GW, the first GW
responds with 200 OK, which may cause problems. It seems that the first GW
has a slow response time.

The solution I am thinking of to prevent this is to send a cancel to the
first GW before doing failover to next gateway. Does this make sense or is
there a better solution?

Thanks.

-Ronald