[OpenSIPS-Users] [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 1.9.0 - a new major release is out

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Jan 29 20:11:03 CET 2013

Hi all,

One more major release is out - OpenSIPS 1.9.0 Release Candidate (beta)

*OpenSIPS 1.9.0* comes with several major improvements (scripting,
dialog support, TCP, Web Sockets, timers), but also with new
functionalities like CacheDB Interface - CouchBase, MongoDB, Cache2SQL
DNS caching, nice provisioning tool like PI_HTTP module or great helper
on integration, the Event_Route module (combined with a rich set of new
events from core and modules).

One of the important goals of this release were scalability (geo and
load), integration capabilities and controllability (debugging, tracing,
monitoring).

A complete compilation with all the additions and improvements for
*OpenSIPS 1.9.0 *release is available under:
http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver190

A comprehensive migration document is available also:
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsMigration180to190

Many thanks to all the people who got involved in this release (and in
the overall OpenSIPS project) and contributed with code, with testing
and debugging, with patches or reports, with support on the lists, help
with packaging and documentation. Here is the a fast compiled list:

http://opensips.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opensips/branches/1.9/CREDITS?revision=9708&view=markup
If someone was missed, apologies in advance and let me know ASAP to fix
it ;)

I want to thanks you all for out great job and not in my behalf, but in
the behalf of people who will find this piece of software a useful tool.

The full Changelog is available  here:
http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.9.0/src/ChangeLog

To get the *OpenSIPS 1.9.0* version, see :

     * website page: http://www.opensips.org/Resources/Downloads

     * SF project:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensips/files/OpenSIPS/1.9.0/

Note that for the moment only the source tarballs are available. Also
DEBs for Debian ans Ubuntu should be ready soon on the official repository.

Enjoy it and best regards,