[OpenSIPS-Users] Changing the "From" display name or URI in a reply

Pauba, Kevin L KLPauba at west.com
Mon Jan 28 17:41:06 CET 2013

Is there a way to change the From header's display name in a reply to a client device?

I have a client device that requires a particular string in the From header in the response from opensips to a REGISTER request.  I've tried uac_replace_from() and subst() but neither of them changed the header in the response sent from the save() function (in the registrar module).

Short of enhancing the registrar module to accept a "from_uri" parameter (for my own private use), is there any other method to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks in advance!