[OpenSIPS-Users] [NEW] Event Interface enhancements

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Jan 22 19:11:52 CET 2013

Hello all!

As the OpenSIPS 1.9 release is coming up soon, we decided to release
some new enhancements for the Event Interface, that will facilitate the
interconnection with other applications and provide an easier way for
monitoring the OpenSIPS server. Following that, the latest version of
OpenSIPS Event Interface will provide two new transport modules:

  * *event_xmlrpc*- used to execute a XMLRPC command when an event is
triggered
* * **event_r**oute*- provides an easy way to handle a certain event
from script (for example, when the load or memory usage is too high,
gracefully reject any new traffic)

See: http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/event_xmlrpc
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/event_route
<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/event_xmlrpc>

Also, in order to facilitate the server monitoring we have added three
more events:

  * *E_MYSQL_CONNECTION *- triggered by the db_mysql module when a MySQL
connection looses the connectivity with the database. This is useful to
determine the database failures and act accordingly in no time.
  * *E_CORE_PKG_THRESHOLD*and *E_CORE_SHM_THRESHOLD*- triggered when the
private (respectively shared) memory go beyond a specific threshold.
These events can be used to detect when the server reaches low free
memory values, and gracefully reject the new traffic, so that the
ongoing calls can successfully terminate.

See: http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreEvi
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/db_mysql#id249964

Finally, to have a better understanding of the new features, we have
compiled a small tutorial for the Event Interface. It illustrates the
usage of the new feature, as well as providing use case examples, like
custom accounting or load monitoring.

See: http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutorials#toc7
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutEventInterface
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutEventInterface#toc11

I hope you will enjoy all the newly added features, and stay tuned,
because more are coming!

Best regards,

--
Razvan Crainea