[OpenSIPS-Users] acc db_extra not allowing JSON variables

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Jan 22 13:13:46 CET 2013

Hi Brett,

So, some initial data:

The $json variables are (as scope) the same as $var - which means they
have visibility only per process (as names they do exist in all procs,
but they have different instances / values in each proc), but inside the
process they are global - visible to all messages, from all routes which
are executed in that particular process (!so take care that to reset the
json before usage as you may inherit some value from a previous
execution in the same proc).

Now, about your cases:

1) using a $json in extra_db - it is visibility issue - you set the json
var for INVITE (in a process) and you try to read it for the BYE (in a
different proc). Actually the error you get says that you try to read a
$json which was never set.

2) using it from failure / onreply routes - same as above.

Which leaves us with 2 real bugs:

1) when merging 2 jsons - the bogus len - we will look into it

2) the errors on missing values or tags - I will change them to DBG and
to actually return NULL value to script.

Thanks and regards,