[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy wrong port, bug?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 22 12:45:26 CET 2013

Hi,

Sorry it took me some time. I inspected the traces you sent me privately, see inline.

On Jan 22, 2013, at 12:59 AM, Remco . wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After some hair pulling, and going over a number of examples I
> established some sort of pattern in this issue:
>
> Session establishes, one party starts sending RTP. Lets say A
> (asterisk) sends to B (proxy) C (proxy) sends to D (asterisk). B and C
> are both on the same machine / same interface. The first couple of
> packets (10-20) are relayed just fine on the correct ports.

Do those packets traverse MediaProxy? The traces didn't show any. Otherwise you would have seen a stream update log line mentioning that RTP was received. Also, the statistics don't account for any received packets (caller_packets, callee_packets).

> Then, a return packet arrives, from D to C, which is correctly relayed
> to A using the right ports.
> Then a new packet comes in from A to B, again using the correct ports
> and is then relayed using 1024/udp (always this portnumber, although
> configured to use 40k to 60k!) as source port.
>
> The issue is, D starts replying to 1024/udp. Streams are not detected,
> and no conntrack rule is inserted.
>
> The following post seems to describe exact the same behaviour:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opensips.org/msg12703.html
> nat=no is specified for the peer, however media is proxy'ied on a
> different IP address than SIP is received from (could that explain
> something?).
>
> I hope this rings a bell to someone, as apart from this issue
> mediaproxy is functioning perfect and I don't feel like replacing it.

Can you send me a trace which includes both SIP and RTP along with the syslog on the dispatcher and the relay machines?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects