[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy behavior

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Jan 18 10:18:36 CET 2013

On Jan 18, 2013, at 9:54 AM, Jorge Ortea wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Stefano, i ask me if could do it any other way.
>
> For example, what happen if I set PAT redirect with iptables from external firewall to OpenSIPS private IP.
> Could this run? Maybe I would loss NAT Traversal implemented by OpenSIPS...
>
> What do you think about?

MediaProxy was designed to work on the public internet.

The mediaproxy module in OpenSIPS will modify the SDP by putting an IP address for a MediaProxy relay which is given to OpenSIPS by the MediaProxy dispatcher. If your relay is running on a private IP address, the resulting SDP will contain that private IP address, thus not really solving anything.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects