[OpenSIPS-Users] Automatic Call termination when shutdown of an RTP proxy

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:33:47 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've encountered an issue as follows. Suppose two users communicate with
each other with one RTP
proxy replaying their packets. If the RTP proxy suddenly goes down, I want
the OpenSIPS SIP server
to automatically send
1) a message to enable the two users to know what happen and
2) a BYE message to the users to terminate the transaction.

I guess this can be done if the shutdown of the RTP proxy triggers some
functions in the SIP server.
However, from my understanding, the SIP server knows the status only when
using
engaged_rtp_proxy/rtpproxy_offer(). So it is any mechanism to enable the
triggering when an RTP
proxy fails?

Many thanks for any help.

Best regards,