[OpenSIPS-Users] LCR by OCN Instead of NPANXX

Jamuel Starkey jamuel at hcvoip.com
Tue Jan 8 22:22:51 CET 2013

Hi,

A few carriers that we using here domestically (in the USA) are now offering their termination rate decks by OCN (operating company name identifier) as opposed to NPA-NXX.  Therefore their published rate decks don't contain NPA-NXX for us to use the more traditional means within OpenSIPS to perform LCR.  We have a web api built that can easily translate NPA-NXX to OCN on a per call basis so I was wondering if there is any sort of built-in method to use something like the curl library from within OpenSIPS as opposed to shelling out to a bash script or using the perl module as a wrapper to the API.   It would be nice to be able to make an arbitrary http call and store the result in an avp or some such . . .  Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Cheers,

JPS