[OpenSIPS-Users] dialog: send BYE from another opensips instance

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:59:22 CET 2013

Hi folks,

I'm started reading about dialog module and how to use it in a distributed
environment. I've read about the 'B' flag and how it can be used to send
BYEs to the end-points. My question is whether, using db_mode REALTIME,
another instance of opensips can use the information stored in the database
to send the BYE to a dialog created in another opensips instance.

The scenario is the next one:
1.several opensips sharing the database and one of them receives an INVITE.
2.It creates the dialog and sets the B flag. The parameter timeout is then
set to the corresponding value.
3.Another opensips uses the information from the dialog table to send the
BYE either forced by an external t_dlg command or reading from the database
(I guess the period can be controlled with the db_update_period parameter).

Is this possible with the current version?

Thank you very much in advance and congratulations,
Samuel.