[OpenSIPS-Users] Asterisk+OpenSIPS Integration using Dynamic Friends

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:05:49 CET 2013

Hello Everyone,

Using asterisk friends that are static (i.e., using host=ip address
vs. host=dynamic) everything works fine. However, when setting the UA
as dynamic in Asterisk, the lack of proper registration leads to:

Name/username              Host                          Dyn
Forcerport ACL Port     Status     Realtime
1001/1001 at toronto.example.com  (Unspecified)   D   N      0
UNREACHABLE Cached RT

All my REGISTER and AUTH is handled on the OpenSIPS side, and this is
working fine. Is there any way to bind "contact" from the "location
table", to "fullcontact" in sip_buddies table?
In my rigorous changing escapades, I did see occasions where
"fullcontact" was filled in by Asterisk correctly, I just can't for
the life of me get it to do it again!!!!

I just wanted to mention that OpenSIPS is setup as a peer in Asterisk

OpenSIPS/toronto.example.com  192.168.2.5          5060     UNKNOWN    Cached RT

I did see how in the past the REGISTER request was passed over to *
however, I do not think that example applies to me?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick.