[OpenSIPS-Users] NAT issues on client and server

Flavio Goncalves flavio at asteriskguide.com
Thu Jan 3 11:26:56 CET 2013

Hi Mark,

There is no simple way to traverse NAT. Unless all your routers use a non
symmetric NAT, you will have to use rtpproxy or mediaproxy (you can check
this with a stun client). OpenSIPS behind NAT make things even more
complicated. So I suggest that you follow an example with rtpproxy or media
proxy and also use the OpenSIPS in a valid IP address. The setup you are
trying to do with OpenSIPS behind NAT is possible, but it is even more
complex.

Flavio E. Goncalves