[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] migration to GIT

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Feb 19 15:45:01 CET 2013

> Currently, what we use from SF :
>         - code repository

It's there.

>         - file download system

Sort of. You can't upload files, but it will generate tar files for each tag.

>         - trackers (bugs, patches, features)

It's there.

>         - news system

Nope.

>         - donation system

Nope.

>         - forums

Nope.

> could all these be replaced kept while moving to GH ? I mean is GH a platform for complete hosting of projects ?

Looks likt there are 3 things missing:

- News: IMHO that belongs to the project website, not the place where the code is hosted, so this would not be a problem.

- Donation system: does SF use paypal or other service internally? GH allows for markup README files, so the readme would be changed to RST or MD format and an image with "Donate" can be added. This should also be on the project website (if it's not there already).

- Forums: Does anyone use those instead of mailing lists in 2013? ;-)

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects