[OpenSIPS-Users] Feature request: multiset cache interfaces and queued insertions

Vlad Paiu vladpaiu at opensips.org
Tue Feb 12 17:24:32 CET 2013

Hi Brett,

While Couchbase supports such operations, I can't see that other
familiar NoSQL back-ends support such multiset features.
Could you give more examples of back-ends supporting this ?

Also, it might be that doing delayed inserts for cache operations would
lead to some tricky scenarios.. Like if you want to cache some
information from a regular DB, you will end up first loading the info
and storing it in memory, in order to do a multiset later when more set
queries have piled up.
Then when you'd need the key again, you would not find it ( since it's
still in mem waiting to be flushed to the back-end ) and again fetch it
from the DB and put it into memory waiting for the multi set. So it kind
of breaks the cache concept ( that once you put something there, you'll
find it next time ).

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer