[OpenSIPS-Users] Source routing with Drouting

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Feb 1 14:44:08 CET 2013

Hi Kevin,

See inline.

On 02/01/2013 02:41 PM, Kevin Mathy wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Thanks for your answer, but, we've got another idea ;-)
> As our customers aren't directly connected to our OpenSIPS, we can't
> use your method...
> This is what we thought :
>
> Customers ===> Access SBC (Add a "X-Quality" header, with "premium" or
> "lowcost") ====> OpenSIPS (look for X-Quality header, and choose
> drouting group based on header's value) ====> Route to chosen provider
That;s ok also.

> So, we don't use external module, but only a "if" test in opensips's
> configuration
avoid using IF with hardcoded values - you will have to restart each
time you want to add/delete/change something there. Better use something
like dialplan module to do the translation between the quality and the
group.

> One more thing, is it possible to make some loadbalancing with
> drouting module ? For example, if we set same priority to different
> rules ?
> What we want to do is : for certain prefixes, we'd like to route to
> only one provider, and for some other prefixes, we'd like to route to
> different providers in loadbalancing
>
> Example :
> prefix 33 ==> Route to provider A only
> prefix 44 ==> Route to provider B only
> prefix 72 ==> Route to A and B, with loadbalancing, 50/50
No need for priority - simply make a rule for prefix 72 with 2 GWs (A
and B) and use weights - set the wight flag for the rule and as gw_list
put "A=50;B=50" - See the DR doc on that.