[OpenSIPS-Users] Cancelling calls after sending '180 Ringing' via MI t_reply doesn't work

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 02:24:35 CET 2013

Hello,
I have a requirement to delay the relay of '180 Ringing' for 3 seconds.
So what I did was to intercept the '180 Ringing' at the onreply_route and
drop it.
I send the transaction_id and to-tag to an external app that starts a 3
seconds timer and uses t_reply via MI to send a '180 Ringing' on the
transaction.
This works fine.

However, if after the delayed '180 Ringing' is sent the caller cancels the
request, opensips doesn't send CANCEL to the callee.

I have also tried to convert '180 Ringing' to '181 Call is Being Forwarded'
instead of dropping it, and this works fine too and the call can be
cancelled.
However, if the delayed '180 Ringing' is sent, the call cannot be cancelled
anymore.
So, am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Takeshi