[OpenSIPS-Users] children

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Dec 17 11:37:56 CET 2013

Hello,

There is no simple answer, choosing the appropriate number of children
is scenario-dependant.

If, for example, you are not performing I/O operations (DB queries, exec
commands, etc.), then the number of children should be dictated by the
*number of cores* on your box.

On the other side, when your SIP workers will perform lots of disk
operations (which are slow), then you should use a lot more children
than mentioned above. (e.g. 12, 16 or 20 children).

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com