[OpenSIPS-Users] Cancelling engage_rtp_proxy

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 16:16:51 CEST 2013

I am trying to configure OpenSIPS (v1.9.1) to act as a Proxy between remote
customer systems and a number of gateways, some (but not all) of which
require proxying of the media with RTPProxy. It will try one gateway first,
but if that gives a timeout error then I change the destination to another
gateway inside the failure handling block and try again.

My question is this: Can I use unforce_rtp_proxy() to cancel the effect of
an earlier engage_rtp_proxy() used on the initial call attempt?
Or will I have to enable RTP Proxy using rtpproxy_offer() and
rtpproxy_answer() in order to be able to deselect it on the second
destination attempt.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
Web: www.smartvox.co.uk