[OpenSIPS-Users] LCR Route Prefixes -> Gateways (From Scratch)

Камиль Нигматуллин k.nigmatullin at rbk.kz
Thu Aug 15 13:39:20 CEST 2013

15.08.2013 0:34, Nick Khamis пишет:
> Hello Muhammad,
>
> After thinking about it some more, it seems that pre-processing in the
> manner that I described earlier lacks a lot of flexibility, your
> scenario included, even if I did it just temporarily. That is why I
> would like to implement the LCR using a simple perl program
> that basically:
>
> * Queries the database for the route using shortest matching prefix
> * Orders them from least expensive to more
>
> Once I have the gateway list, openSIPS would route the call, and fail over
> to the next available gateway.
>
> If this was c++ or Java it would be quite simple. However, perl, and
> OpenSIPS scripting is another story... I saw the following unrelated
> tutorial which I will start with:
>
> http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Perl-183-to-180
>
> If anyone has more helpful tips/examples, they would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Nick.

In my experiance perl works perfectly with Opensips only when it is used
with brain :). However I would recomend not to use queries to databases,
(especially MongoDB that has broken driver for perl) from perl and do a
lot of other complicated things. Just send variables to  perl, process
it as perl does it very well with its regex and other tools, and return
back to opensips as AVP. There is clearly a lot of issues in XS.
Sometimes I face bugs that cannot be explained. The main problem in my
view that eval block cannot be handled when it is compiled as XS.

Regards;